Thursday, November 25, 2010

Give Thanks! (plus a few photos of the finished baby quilt...)

Today is a good day - I have so much to be thankful for in my life. Starting with my family, and our local community. I'm grateful for the gift of time, despite my frequent whining about there never being enough of it. I'm grateful for changing seasons and the surprises that always come with them, despite the fact that they shouldn't be surprises anymore - that's why I'm grateful for them!


I'm happy that I started this blog - I wish I had more time to devote to it, but given the state of my life, in all it's glorious over-booked chaos, that I have the chance to post once in awhile. Today, finally, I do have some photos of the baby coin quilt that I finished - I just got it washed and dried yesterday evening. This was my very first time free-motion quilting, and although I didn't get the tension correct, quite (there are a few places on the back where the front thread pulled through), you can't really tell after the crinkling of the wash. I really like how it turned out and it's a good thing we don't have a baby around here anymore or that this isn't a bit larger to make a lap quilt size, because then I'd be tempted to keep it!


The back is a Valori Wells flannel...very soft!
I had some help from a lovely woman at Quilt Fans (in Alameda) picking out this stripe for the binding - it pulled together the prints perfectly!

I hope that you all have a great Thanksgiving and that you have as many blessings to feel grateful for as I do!

(p.s. the tag at the top of this post is available as a free printable on this sweet blog...)

No comments:

Post a Comment