Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival entry - Angela's quilt

(see button to the side or the following link for info on the Bloggers Quilt Festival)

I'm entering a quilt into the Blogger's Quilt Festival that I made over a year ago. But I didn't blog yet, and it's a quilt that I still feel so happy about.  It was made for the daughter of some dear friends - the whole family was going through something of an ordeal, and especially focused on this beautiful baby girl Angela. So the whole time I was piecing and quilting and binding with handstitching to the back it was a meditation and a prayer for her. For the whole family.


I didn't use a pattern - it is just simple 4 patch blocks alternating with solid blocks. The Heather Ross prints are so happy, and I used my Janome embroidery function to try out a ring of hearts pattern on the solid blocks, and it all came out just as I had pictured in my head. I learned a lot about being more precise in my work, slowing down enough to really focus. As one of my first quilts, I was so pleased with how it came out!





The last blog post I made was about Megan's quilt,  also filled with happy Heather Ross prints and happy thoughts and prayer and tears... I really love the feeling that the final product carries in it with these "prayer quilts".

14 comments:

  1. I continue to believe that gifting a quilt is the BEST! This is a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these prints, and you did a great job brining them together!

    Happy Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very sweet quilt. And the quilting too!!

    xoxo Rachel at Stitched in Color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt! Love the colors and love the design! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quilt! I am a firm believer in the thoughts you convery into a quilt being the essence of the quilt. What a beautiful gift you have bestowed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very lovely, and such a good way to enjoy these beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is great with all those fun fabrics!!! The ring of hearts stitched in the center is a nice touch. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' all that Heather Ross! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a fun use of all the great Heather Ross fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fun and pretty quilt! I am a big fan of Heather Ross. You can never tire of her happy and whimsical prints!
    Thank you for sharing!
    p.s. I also love Megan's quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely, happy quilt! And you did a great job on the quilting! I found your blog via your comment on Sew Mama Sew. Yay for Handmade Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love the fabrics you used!!! they look so great

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Prayer Quilt" what a beautiful way to approach the project.

    ReplyDelete