I guess if some miracle occurs and I win a fancy serger in a contest I can always return the gift, but I figured I'd hedge my bets. I have projects to do!!
- wrap dress with knit fabric I've had for about 2 years, and the pattern I bought a month ago in anticipation that I would have a serger at long last.
- T-shirt quilt for Teen Wonder - I think a serger would make it possible to piece without having to fuse stabilizer to all the t-shirt fragments...but I could be wrong about this. It will be an EXPERIMENT! yay!
- napkins and/or tablecloth. I hate and refuse to buy paper napkins for everyday use - we have cloth ones but they do get
nastystained after awhile and it would be so fun to make some out of fabric that I love. A patchwork tablecloth could be fun too...but even being able to make some out of inexpensive broadcloth to match cool napkins would be great. *It should be noted that no one else in my house notices the color coordinated sets that we already have and that our table never is set in a matchy-matchy way unless I'm doing the setting...which isn't my chore anymore thanks to Teen Wonder.
- 5 minute skirt from Angry Chicken which only takes 5 minutes if you have a serger (and if you are sober and have all supplies on hand...but never mind those other requirements if you don't have the serger!)
- Christmas handmade gifts that have yet to be identified but which will obviously be easier to whip out with a serger. duh.