Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dot Couture quilt top finished

I took these photos on Monday before leaving for my business trip to Barcelona in hopes that I'd have time to post one day this week - even a brief one to show the progress on a quilt/sewing project.

This is my "Dot Couture" quilt - made from Urban Couture by Basic Grey using the "Dot Party" pattern that was published in Quilts and More (now available as individual pattern from Jaybird Quilts. Actually I think the pattern name in the magazine may be different. But I'm 99% sure the actual pattern is the same, but without options for other sizes figured out for you. 

I used a Kona Ash for the background fabric and one Layer Cake of the Urban Couture - pretty fast and easy if you use the circle ruler and tiny rotary cutter recommended. I'm sure I'll make good use of those tools again in the future.


This is a nice look - I am happy with the Ash background fabric.  I bought some Brown Basic Grunge fabric for the backing, and some green for the binding. 

Summer 2010 issues of Quilts and more in case anyone wants to look through their stash of magazines rather than paying again for a pattern.

I'm going to attempt to link up to Sarah's Whoop Whoop! party  and also at TGIFF hosted this week by The Peony Teacup!

2 comments:

  1. I bought a pattern similar to that years ago. It was in an Australian quilting magazine. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love circles. Never tried to do them. Not even sure how. Thanks for sharing! I saw you on new blogger linky party. Following now!

    ReplyDelete