Friday, December 7, 2012

some sewing: electronics cases for Teen Wonder and me

Since I haven't been posting regularly, I actually have a little backlog of little projects that I want to share. First up today? My iPad cover. I got an iPad for my birthday, and of course needed something to protect it when I carry it around - just a simple little envelope cover with this cute Japanese doll fabric and lined with flannel. 


Around the same time (well, two weeks later), Teen Wonder got a Kindle Fire for her birthday - so of course I'd already figured out how to make a nice cover for a tablet and just needed to go down in size a bit.  I also made a little zippy pouch for her to carry her charging cord. I should make one of those for my iPad too!
Below is what is on my sewing table at the moment - so far, it's a jelly roll race with mostly Kaffe Fassett strips. I have a plan for the entire quiilt as a large bed size, but this is as far as I've gotten so far:





Linking up to Sara's party...

And also to TGIFF at Quokka




And if you are reading this, maybe you'll go over to the Vintaj Design Challenge and vote for my pendant - it's #6! You can also see the details in my previous post

4 comments:

  1. I love your IPad cover are adoreable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, Janet! I just love those electronic gadget covers - cute and useful at the same time!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those projects, especially the Japanese fabric. The pendant is stunning too!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete