Friday, December 21, 2012

New knit FOs - a couple of scarves

Confession - these are no longer "new" FOs...but I haven't posted them yet, so this is a catch up.  I'm knitting cowls and scarves compulsively lately - so much obsessing on my mind that my hands need to keep busy. I've been squishing a lot of bits of journaling, reading, crafting, holiday stuff into the cracks of my overburdened schedule in fact.

But as of today, I'm on holiday - too bad I have a million things to take care of and still some work work to do, but I am happy that I'll have the next couple of weeks away from an office or a commute and that's a fact!

First up in the catch up is my "Seattle Summer" scarf - this was a single ball of thick and thin cotton blend that I picked up at a cute little LYS in Seattle on Teen Wonder's birthday in September. Now, in December, this scarf isn't holding up to the chill, but I really like the crisscross of the thick parts. What was the yarn called, you say? Well, if I hadn't lost the ball band I would be in a position to say. but alas, that is not the case.




Okay - next up is a frilly scarf that I knit for Mr. Wonderful's mom, aka Awesome MIL. She handed me a ball of this novelty yarn (Red Heart Sashay) and explained how you knit into the edge of the lacy ribbon - it was a bit tricky, but a pretty quick knit and fun results.










Then I went to the craft store and picked up a couple more colorways and some other novelty scarf yarns too - so I'll share those after Christmas since some of them are being gifted.

Linking to a couple of Friday linky parties -

Of course!
And also TGIFF!

HO! HO! HO!  Have a great holiday!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Those are GORGEOUS. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! ooo! I hope i'm on your list! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Janet - I'm not crafty nor a blogger, What is an FO?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, Jasper2000 is my ridiculous blog name for a blog I set up for Miss Maddy - lots of love, Celia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. The frilly scarf colours are just right for me! I have seen this yarn snd wondered if I had the patience to knit into the edge! Mmmm, still not sure! Thanks for linking up on my blog this week. Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your craftiness!
    I made about 12 of the ruffle scarves for Christmas - I had to visit YouTube to remember how to knit but it was pretty easy (except for the first row or two) and they worked up ever so fast!

    ReplyDelete