I wanted to just show a could of WIPs that I'm knitting. One is a colossal project - the "Sweet and Lowdown Chair" by Vernoik Avery. I bought the yarn for this more than a year ago, and found the discontinued IKEA chair for the pattern on Craigslist (unbelievable, and I took it as a sign that I was meant to knit the chair cover. I mean the pattern was in Interweave Knits in 2004, and the chair probably was discontinued shortly after - since Ravelry only lists 6 projects, and if you open that tab there are only 3 that aren't the original pattern. And one of them is mine!
|This is the picture from the pattern|
Mine is not even half finished yet, though I'm getting there for the top half of the chair cover...
Anyway, this is the stay-at-home next to the sofa project. It probably has a lot of mistakes in the center panel because I've had a hard time keeping to the chart while watching a show or movie. But blocked I'm hoping it will look more like the original. Also, my yarn is "Oatmeal" rather then "Natural" - something I didn't notice until I got quite a bit of knitting done. But I think it will work just fine. When I get it done some time in the next Millennium.
This WIP is a "Honey Cowl" that I had seen on a few blogs and then found the pattern by Madeline Tosh on Ravelry as a free download. This pattern seems to be wildly popular! It is a very easy knit, so this project is my current traveling project. It would look good in some bright color, so there may be multiples on the horizon (something I never do - I don't think I've knitted the same thing more than once except one baby sweater pattern that I used twice.
To make this post extra long, I bring you my new nomination for "Versatile blogger Award". Thanks to Brita at Scraps of Happiness for this honor! Please stop by her blog and check it out. I love this quilt WIP on her design board:
There are rules to accepting this honor:
1. Add the award to your blog
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog
Seven random things about myself
1) I love wearing heels even though I'm already tall - puts me at or over 6 feet!
2) Whenever I make pie, that's what I eat for breakfast. If I'm taking a pie to a potluck, I'll make 2 just so I'll have some to eat for breakfast the next day.
3) I love Necco wafers, but I never eat them anymore (diabetes)
4) I got to drive a tractor before I drove a car (I was 11 or 12)
5) I used to think I was extroverted, but turns out I'm more of an introvert than I appear at first glance.
6) I can knit, but I can't seem to get the hang of crochet even though it's supposedly easier.
7) I scream when something scary suddenly happens in a movie - in a theater, on an airplane - even sometimes if I've seen the movie before.
Picking 15 bloggers to honor as versatile bloggers, hmmm... okay, here goes!
1. Suzanne at http://girlforallseasons.wordpress.com (hey, I just saw she's also knitting a honey cowl!)
2. Monica at http://www.thecraftjunkieblog.com
3. P. at http://thewayisewit.blogspot.com/
4. Dotty at http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/
5. H2O girl at http://fiberofallsorts.blogspot.com/
6. Sarah at http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/
7. Rachel at http://www.justsewyallknow.com/
8. aksherry at http://aksherry-knitsew.blogspot.com/
8. Holly at http://chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com/
9. Dana at http://www.craftyminx.com
10.Jan at http://www.jansquilts.com/
11. Vesuviusmama at My Patchwork Life: http://vesuviusmama.blogspot.com/
12. Ann at http://bunkhousequilts.blogspot.com/
13. Christina at http://sometimescrafter.blogspot.com
14. Yvonne's Patchwork at http://mallorca33.blogspot.com/
15.Lisa at http://theredheadedmermaid.blogspot.com/
Now go forth and surf these cool blogs!!