Sunday, April 24, 2011

Our little bunny garlands...

I spotted this printable from Hello Clementine on etsy yesterday and fell in love! I'd been wanting to sew some banner or something for Easter but just never got to it. So this seemed like a craft project for the kids AND a nice touch for our Easter decor before my in-law families come over tomorrow!


Well, we've been busy here at our house today - preparing Easter Bread and desserts, lamb, vegetables all ready for roasting...vacuum, spit and polish...the works. And I didn't get too much participation from my kids on this craft - Teen Wonder had to be somewhere and Wild Thing was only interested in directing what to dress the bunnies in. Nana (aka Mom) did most of the work.  And we have 2 cute garlands - one in the dining room over the buffet and one on the mantel in the living room.  The pictures aren't the best because it's night and there isn't very good light. But I won't have time tomorrow...




It's hard to appreciate from these photos how cute these look in the house - we have a little California East Bay stucco box (aka "bungalow" or ?? "more like a little casa") - anyway, the square footage and scale is pretty small, the ceilings are high, the windows are large...and the decorations are pretty minimal this year. I put bunches of daffodils all around and the little decorations we do have are scattered around (thanks to Wild Thing and Mr. Wonderful, otherwise I would have been frantic this week!).

But these bunny garlands really added that missing touch for Easter.  Blessings to all!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful whimsical bunnies :-) Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute project~! Makes me wish I could have been with my little grandkids during Easter. We always do fun little projects when we are together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete