When my crazed work project preparing for an FDA panel was over in March, a series of events followed that have kept me equally as stressed and busy. However, I did take a week off and kind of went crazy with my sewing machine, finishing a blanket and making a few new pillow covers for our living room.
This one is little HST scraps from the mum quilt:
This is a reverse appliqué sort of experiment with a felted sweater:
Another made with felt from recycled sweaters pieced and embroidered with dahlias:
All 3 of them included Marimekko scraps from Crate and Barrel outlet store:
They all live on our sofa now!
Here is the Star Wars patchwork blanket finished:
Backing is a SW polar fleece. The top was pieced improv from a rough sketch I made. Kind of goofy, but I like it...reminds me of my SW pillow case from the 70s (which I still have).
Then I ran across some napkins I'd bought with a matching tablecloth on sale. Except the tablecloth turned out to be round. We have a large rectangular table...doh! But I like the print and the napkins seemed quite large...so I covered two more pillows to go on our old ratty big chair that my family won't part with. They classier it up a bit.
Last textile project I will post was finished more recently - a knitted afghan that I worked on FOREVER!
So much I could say about this, but since it looks pretty cool all finished, I will be kind and just show the photos:
The thing covers our queen bed!
Next post will be about my crazed jewelry making since May - I'm going to try selling some of my work this weekend at the Alameda Art &Wine Street Fair.